Windows 11 compatibility lists for Lenovo, Dell, HP, Asus, AcerAnswer:
Due to the high system requirements of Windows 11, PC manufacturers have published their own Windows 11 compatibility lists. They show which devices can get the update.
On October 5, 2021, Microsoft flipped the switch and started gradually distributing the free Windows 11 update. Some Windows 10, however, are left behind; According to MS, due to the high system requirements and security reasons the new operating system only runs on relatively new devices.
Computers that are a few years old, including expensive Microsoft Surface devices, are left out and have to use Windows 10.
It’s no wonder that there are many who are unhappy with this decision. This is probably one of the reasons why the most important PC manufacturers have now published their own lists of devices that are Windows 11 compatible.
Compatible Models: Lenovo, Dell, HP, Asus, Acer
The biggest hurdle for Windows 11 is the processor. Officially, for security and reliability reasons, Windows 11 only accepts CPUs from Intel’s 8th generation, AMD’s Zen 2 line and the Qualcomm series 7.
Microsoft added three more model from the 7th generation Intel series (Core X, Xeon W and certain devices with Intel’s 7820HQ chip), but still excludes Windows 11 computers that are more than three years old.
There is also Microsoft compatibility list for Intel, AMD and Qualcomm processors.
Of course, if you don’t know your exact processor, you can’t do much with this information. For this reason, the major PC manufacturers have now published their own lists of compatible models.
You can find the lists here:
- Lenovo: The Chinese manufacturer lists all Windows 10 devices that receive the update to Windows 11 in their support area.
- Asus: The manufacturer from Taiwan offers an overview of Windows 11-capable devices sorted by device type.
- Dell: Windows 11-compatible computers from the US manufacturer can be found in the support area of the Dell’s website .
- Hewlett Packard: The overview of the US manufacturer HP is still somewhat rudimentary and currently only available in English.
- Acer: The Taiwanese manufacturer also keeps a compatibility list for its models.